Guidelines for Safe Accommodations in Corinth, Mississippi
With COVID-19, many travel plans have been pushed to the wayside due to concerns of cleanliness and safety of lodging providers, as well as area attractions and dining establishments. In Corinth, Mississippi, however, our local accommodations are working hard to provide visitors a safe experience. Let our team from Visit Corinth introduce you to some guidelines and expectations for social distancing in hotels and elsewhere during your stay.
Guidelines by Public Health Experts
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, hotels, attractions, and other accommodations in Corinth are beginning to reopen. Owners are doing all they can to keep guests safe by following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and guidelines of local and state governments. These include:
- Public areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected, and rooms receive extra cleaning between guests.
- Floors, elevators, and check-out lines are clearly marked to encourage social distancing.
- Many establishments are open at half or limited capacity to make distancing easier for guests and employees.
- Services and amenities may be limited, such as closed swimming pools, conference rooms, and buffets.
Protocols for Overnight Visitors
Though our local accommodations are following safety guidelines, traveling is still risky during COVID-19. You can best ensure your health and safety by taking your own precautions, including:
- Wear a cloth mask or face covering while in public areas, such as parking lots, foyers, entryways, elevators, staircases, dining areas, lounges, and halls.
- Avoid close contact and maintain a six-foot distance from other customers, employees, and hosts.
- Wash your hands thoroughly whenever you return to your room, suite, or other accommodation.
- Carry hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes and use them often, especially when soap and water are not available.
- If laundry amenities are available, regularly wash your clothes and mask to eliminate virus particles that may have attached to the fabric.
- Follow any recommendations or guidelines set out by the lodging provider.
Attractions in Corinth
Let us help you plan your next trip to Corinth with great recommendations for accommodations, dining, and entertainment. You can visit while staying safe and take advantage of the following:
Places to Stay
There are plenty of places to stay while in Corinth, allowing visitors to choose between a wide range of accommodation options. We are home to all levels of hotel chains, from affordable economy brands to the posh Hampton Inn. For something more unique, stay at one of our locally-owned hotels or even The Oakley House, which is a full cabin you can rent for a family of four.
While visiting, don’t forget to swing by one of our restaurants and grab a bite to eat. Dining locally is one of our favorite pastimes, so you’ll find plenty of options. Try a soda at the famous Borroum’s Drug Store and Soda Fountain, grab an upscale Italian meal, or enjoy a great burger or barbeque. There’s something here for everyone in the family.
Whether you’re visiting Corinth for our culture, history, or a bit of adventure, our downtown area has you covered. Learn about Civil War history at a variety of significant locations, go hiking or biking in the parks, check out the theater or symphony, or play a round of golf at one of our several courses. Whatever you choose, we hope you have fun playing in Corinth.
Visit Corinth Responsibly
Our local hotels, attractions, and other accommodations are doing what they can to keep you safe. They’re also adjusting plans daily as the situation evolves. Please get in touch with Visit Corinth with any questions about safety guidelines or other information about social distancing in hotels and elsewhere in Corinth, Mississippi.