Shopping Safety Precautions in Corinth, Mississippi
During the COVID-19 pandemic, everything you do outside of your home – including shopping – brings a level of risk with it. But you can’t always avoid a trip to the store. Sometimes you need to pick up groceries, replace your work clothes, or get that tool you need to finish your home improvement project. You could also be a visitor looking for a unique item to take home with you. As stores open in Corinth, Mississippi, shopping is an option both practically and recreationally in our city. Visit Corinth encourages you to shop responsibly by adhering to the recommended safety precautions.
Safety Measures in Local Stores
- Most shops are reopening at limited capacity to reduce crowding.
- Hours may have changed to make more time for disinfection.
- Employees are wearing cloth face coverings and must pass health screenings before coming to work.
- Surfaces and merchandise are disinfected to the best of the shop’s ability.
- The checkout line may be marked to encourage distancing, while the register may be separated by a rope or plastic screen.
Shopping Responsibly during COVID-19Shops in Corinth are adhering to recommended practices, but you’ll be safest if you take precautions while you shop. Maintain your peace of mind and keep your experience healthy for you and others by following this advice:
- Wear a mask or face covering while in the store to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Keep six feet of distance from other shoppers and store employees to the best of your ability.
- If you can, arrive early so you can shop while the store is at its cleanest and least crowded. Seniors should try to visit during special senior hours for the same reason.
- Check out using a credit card, not cash, and disinfect your hands after using the pin pad.
- Wash all cloth or reusable bags as soon as you get home.
- Whenever possible, opt for curbside pickup or delivery service to avoid the need for an unnecessary trip.