Slugburgers are a favorite delicacy for Corinthians, and they’re our claim to fame!
A slugburger, made popular during the Great Depression when meat was rather scarce, is a burger made of a mixture of beef and some form of cheaper breading extender. The patty is then deep-fat fried to a golden brown and served with mustard, onion, and pickle (some people even add cheese, but we won’t talk about that). The original version of these burgers were sold for a nickel apiece, hence the name.
You’ll love our slugburgers here in Corinth, so be sure and give them a shot when you visit! You might find they’re an excellent reason to visit Corinth again, and again, and again – why not come back during the Slugburger Festival in July?
That’s right, we have a whole celebration in honor of our favorite Corinthian delicacy – find out more about the Slugburger Festival from our friends at Main Street Corinth!
You can find Slugburgers at any of these amazing local restaurants:
- Borroum’s Drugstore
- The White Trolley
- The Slugburger Cafe
- Lloyd’s Harper Road Cafe
- Joe’s Diner
Slugburgers are Famous!
See What People Have to Say:
- How I Fell in Love with the Slugburger, via Explore Parts Unknown
- Corinth, Miss.: The slugburger capital of the world, via The Boston Globe
- The Slugburger Trail: 20 places you can find this regional treat in AL, TN and MS, via al.com
- Slugburger Festival in Corinth, MS, via mixedbagmediatv
- I Ate a Slugburger! via Rachael Padilla
- THE WORLD SLUGBURGER EATING CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY MAIN STREET CORINTH, via majorleagueeating.com